According to the 2011 census, Sikkim is the least populated state in the country. Sikkim is famous for its historical temples and beautiful views. The state sees a lot of tourists every year. The population of the state is just 6,07,688 and the state is spread over an area of 7096 square kilometres. 75% of the people live in rural areas and the remaining 25% people live in urban areas of the state.
Just behind Sikkim would be Mizoram, another state from the North-Eastern part of the country. Mizoram also is known a lot for its tourist attractions. The total population of the state is 1,091,014 and the state is spread over an area of 21,081 square kilometres. More than 90% of the state is covered with dense forests. 95% of the population of the state is tribal people. 51% of the people live in urban areas, whereas 49% of the people live in rural areas.
Arunachal Pradesh, also belonging to the North Eastern part of India is also one of the least populated states after Sikkim and Mizoram. The state is famous for its beautiful temples and ancient buildings. According to the 2011 census, the population of Arunachal Pradesh is 1383727 and the state is spread over an area of 83,743 kilometres.