Turmeric is a root belonging to the ginger family. It is an imperative part of every kitchen as it is a staple in many recipes that are of Indian origin. It is bright orange to yellow in colour, has a heady fragrance and an earthy taste.
Turmeric has a religious significance too. As it is linked to luck, fertility and the sun, it is traditionally used in all religious ceremonies and gifted on auspicious occasions. For health benefits, the use of turmeric has been around for at least a thousand years! What is it about this wonder spice that makes it so important and necessary? Here is a comprehensive list-
- Turmeric is an anti-oxidant, anti-carcinogenic, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-mutagenic.
- Turmeric provides relief from arthritic pain.
- Turmeric is good for the brain.
- Turmeric has healing properties.
- Turmeric aids digestion.
- Turmeric helps to boost immunity.
- Turmeric delays the onset of type-2 diabetes.
- Turmeric helps to detox the liver.
- Turmeric can help prevent and treat cancer.
- Turmeric can help in delaying and treating Alzheimer’s disease.